|The successful applicant will have extensive experience in and knowledge of DWDM/CWDM, and SDH, technical standards and applications.
Duties will include; Conducting site surveys at customer sites and within datacentres to establish the requirements for new customer connections, including copper / fibre cabling requirements, power etc.
Installation, implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of Nortel, Ericsson and Fujitsu DWDM and SDH equipment.
Liaison with customer NOC staff to provision new circuits.
Testing and handover of new circuits to end customers.
||The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the management of Telecoms installation projects, and a sound knowledge of DWDM/CWDM, and SDH technical standards and applications.
The Project Manager will be required to co-ordinate the activities of a team of Commissioning Engineers, who will be conducting site surveys at customer sites and within datacentres, installing and commissioning Nortel / Ciena, Ericsson and Fujitsu DWDM and SDH equipment.
Duties will also include the production of handover documentation and project status updates.
The successful applicant will have previously managed the day to day operations of an organisation in the engineering industry, and will be familiar with demands of remotely managing on-site engineering teams. Familiarity with the telecommunications industry will be an advantage, as will a sound understanding of marketing strategies.
The role will include (but not be limited to);
- Administration of daily operations
- Management of company expenditure and bills (plus budgets)
- Recruitment, development and day to day management of staff
- Creation, review and implementation of business procedures
- Responsibility for the management of the company's health and safety policies
- Project Management
Telecomms Installation Engineers are required to work on a prestigious contract, mainly within Central London, but may include work all over the UK and occasionally Mainland Europe. Duties will include;
- Installation of cabinets, containment and trunking
- Installing and terminating internal copper and fibre data cables
- Installation of AC and DC power cabling
- Telecoms equipment installation and cabling, including Nortel / Ciena, Fujitsu and Ericsson
- Site surveys
You must hold a UK driving license and be prepared to work some evenings / weekends.
The successful candidates will have had experience in a similar role, preferably in a data centre environment.